Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 1....

Hello and good Wednesday to you all. OK so Obviously we didn't start on January 2nd... But you'll be happy to know we " technically" did start today! January 4th will be the day history changed for all!!!  Or at least Jenny and I.   The past few days with New Years calming down AND me driving 8 hours back home from Ohio have not been the best times to really work out or " eat good".  Now don't misinterpret what I'm saying here.... although it is harder to make good choices to eat on the road since turnpike food is mainly for the rich and NON lactose intolerant meat eaters... I decided to stop being lazy and bring my own oranges apples and sunflower seeds to hold me until I got home. Back to the point...

TODAY January 4th the day history changed for two awesome young ladies we decided to do a 21 day challenge! Its in a book that Jenny happened to have. I cannot think of the exact title and author off of the top of my head but Ill make sure to post a link on here somewhere in case your curious.  This challenge involves alot of portion control and changing how you look at putting meals together. It also doesn't let you snack all day like some diets tell you although the " snack" you choose you CAN break into half's and sometimes (if your a grazer like me) you need to do that to trick your mind.  Also people BREAKFAST! Eat it!!! My breakfast SHOULD make you jealous... wanna see?

My recipe was altered slightly so here is the real one....
1. Whole grain waffle
2. 1/4 cup blue berries
3. 2oz vanilla yogurt
4. 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Since I'm not only poor, but lactarded, AND clearly cannot read when it tells me things I altered it slightly. 
1. blueberry waffle
2. 1/4 cup strawberries(cheaper then blueberries!!!!)
3. 2oz vanilla soy yogurt(I'm lactarded... yes its sad)
4. 1/4 cup wegmans semi sweet choc chips which ARE lactose intolerant friendly!!!

As you see its not TOO different BUT just as delicious let me tell you! This coming from a woman who's breakfast's used to consist of a Soda and 2 hash browns from wawa.   Yum.

Ill post snacks and lunches/dinners other days to come since there are a TON to choose from but of course Ive only chosen a few. NOW If I may... Jenny has actually chosen a different breakfast that I didn't have time to photograph or get the full recipe for.  I know it consisted of Spinach... scrambled eggs... 1 whole grain waffle... and olive tapenade WHICH was substituted for 4 olives and a 1/2tsp olive oil. (Lets be real.... that pretty much IS tapenade....

Honestly we were both kind of hungry after we had that for breakfast but because we both are used to snacking/grazing/finding misc things to try to chew. Keep your fingers crossed this works!

Oh and if it makes you feel better knowing we worked out to some super fly dance moves from the Black Eyed Peas Wii game this morning then so be it. Its fantastic and even if you get an "X" (which means you CLEARLY did not do the move correctly) its still moving and a big workout. che..che...che...che...check it out.

XO G & J

No comments:

Post a Comment