Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 13..

OK OK so lets get real here for a moment.

We are 2 girls... who like food... ( I mean REALLY like it!!) so our will power to avoid the delicious foods of the world is getting harder and harder.  I hope to post a lot more on here BUT the good part is the reason I have not been posting as much is because my focus is on working out more then the internet. Yes yes I've realized its stupid to start a blog if I'm not using the internet as much SO that being said I'm going to show equal amount of time to the internet as I do for wanting to eat the biggest plate of crinkle cut fries (specifically).

Now we did fall off of the wagon BUT I'm happy to report I've hopped right back on. Don't go judging me on falling off because I have a good reason(excuse) and explanation as to how this happened.  First and foremost my amazing boyfriend ( lets call him IAN.... because that is his name) surprised me on Friday for a weekend visit!  Sounds like a normal thing boyfriends do right? WRONG. We live about 8 hours away! IT's not exactly your trip into town and back!  So anyways although he is ALSO on a diet along with me he was technically on a "vacation" and that means ( say it with me now) FALLING OFF THE WAGON!  Now I held strong for a while to stay on track and help him stay on track as well which he was VERY appreciative of. Anyways Sunday came along and we decided to visit my family about an hour away. My mother the great woman and cook that she is starts offering us random delicious treats and foods. Now because of this I decided that while dieting I need to...


1. make sure to bring my own snacks and dinners and lunches while I visit them.
2. JUST SAY NO! Just because my mother is a sweetheart and offers delicious eats does NOT mean that she will be upset if I politely decline delicious home baked cookies.
3. STAY ON TRACK.
4. raid their cabinets to rid any and all snack foods
5. avoid visiting. (obviously this is not an option)

So its Monday and I started a new week all over.
[6:30 am] wake up. work out. start breakfast. get changed. eat breakfast. head to work by [7:30 am]

I ate my typical waffle and yogurt and breakfast with a cherry/chocolate/cherrio trail mix for a snack. My lunch was delicious even if it was small and my dinner was typical. I've been making this dinner the past week or so and although its delicious its time for a change. Please enjoy this delicious healthy dinner that honestly when you make it you separate it into 4 containers because its a 4 service size type meal AND trust me it will fill you!!

ASPARAGUS AND PEAS IN ORZO PASTA
1. cook about half the box of orzo pasta(about 4. oz)
2. 1 cup of cooked peas
3. whole bag of frozen asparagus (after its cooked chop it up into as big of pieces as you prefer)
4. 1 TBSP of vegetable stock
5. 1 TBSP of pine nuts( I use sunflower seeds.. still seeds still salty still crunch and cheaper!)
6. 1 TBSP olive oil
7. fresh minced garlic ( cooked in the olive oil to brown it  little but don't let it burn! And it will easily!)
8. salt and pepper to taste

*** REMEMBER THE MORE SALT YOU TAKE IN THE MORE BLOATED IT WILL MAKE YOU LOOK *****

If you've successfully made this meal it will look something like the picture above. YUM!!!

Either way you make it remember smaller portions and more flat belly foods or MUFA's. Until tomorrow!

xo G & J

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was the flat belly diet which is all about MUFAS and honestly did work. I fell off of this but basically it helped me drop a significant amount and feel great. I need to get back onto it but just like any diet you have to be in it and apparently it wasnt the right time for me. But we shall see... just google flat belly diet or MUFAS and see what information you find out. there are a TON online and recipes that are delicious and filling too.

      Delete